Monday, February 14, 2011

Jenga 2.0 Reflection

As JENGA 2.0 came to an end, I really have to stop and look at the progress I have made from the last project to this one. At first, I was discouraged with the quality of the deliverables of this project. I was striving for perfection, and when I do not meet this, I become extremely critical of myself. However, after having a discussion with Audra, I realized I have to recognize the good and bad and not solely the bad. For this particular project and I managed to print off my floor plans from the computer and craft a wood model of the space. While remaining constant with my concept word kiss and the anticipation that can arise, I created a space that continued to explore strong vertical and horizontal axis. These two points of direction draw one into the space and ultimately lead up the stairs to the most intimate space. I am pleased that I learned to print off from sketch-up, alter the drawings in photoshop, and print to scale. This project taught me that if I do not know how to do something, I can not let it keep me from trying. I know I will make much progress through the semester. I hope I can incorporate more diagrams and craft into the requirements. Seeing other people’s design voices really help me in seeing how I can evolve more of a voice. There were some individual’s who incorporated diagrams in their drawings. After seeing Blakeni’s drawings, I understood how diagrams can help one to understand the circulation of the space better. The circles and lines lead my eye in the direction that I would walk and the space becomes more real. See more of her work at http://mydoodlepages.blogspot.com/.I also appreciated Cassie's hand rendering. I think it meshed well into her other drawings. It helped me to understand the materiality and feel of the space. I think more attention to labeling and narrative could have made more clear the actual space and concept. See more of Cassie's work at http://cassandrashannon.blogspot.com/ Overall, I know there are skills I need to work on. Seeing it as a learning process helps me to appreciate where I have come from.

No comments:

Post a Comment