Friday, February 19, 2010

Window Installment







The Cathedral of Christ the Light
This was my inspiration for my window installment. I liked the idea of looking into the space and then it coming it out at you. It has a dramatic way of playing with the light with simplicity.



I wanted the window to have some sort of depth. I did this by folding the cardboard and folding the vellum paper out. I decided not to cut cardboard slats down the whole side of each panel for a bit of privacy as well as to balance the circle on top. A lot of people said it looked like saloon doors which is ironic considering my inspiration was a cathedral. I wanted the window to have a dramatic effect without being too overwhelming. To relate to the neighboring windows, I incorporated the triangular flaps as well as the circular shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment