Thursday, April 22, 2010

Clue One: Storytelling in Perspective

For this compostition, I went to the fountain behind the EUC building. This building brings back memories of one of the first conversations I had with my boyfriend. I had no idea the fountain was back there until that night after we went to InterVarsity. I love using watercolors and wanted to give the piece a fun and flowing feeling. We call it the kidney pool because it looks like a kidney bean...

For this painting, I wanted to try something different. I grabbed the first pen I could find and began sketching the garden near the statue of Minerva. I went with the green theme using green tones in watercolor. I tried keeping close attention to shadowing. I think the green theme goes quite well with today since it is Earth Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment