Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Storytelling

Architectural Record. May 2009. Vol. 197, No. 5
I chose this layout for the storytelling assignment. I liked the way the page was divided in half and how the top was reflected to something completely different.

This is the layout I came up with describing my first week back at school. I wanted it to remain simplistic like the original layout. The two halves of the page make up who I am in college. I chose to sketch scenes rather than items to show where I spent my time my first week back. The top being a movie theatre and the bottom being the art building. I chose the colors yellow and blue to represent UNCG. I liked how the two buildings came out. I tried to mimic the use of space, making the top more clustered and the bottom having more negative space. I hadn't done perspective drawing in a while, so it was fun to work on this. I think I could improve on the font and shading; but overall, I like the layout.

1 comment:

  1. This layout is great. I like how it quickly draws you into the center and then slowly draws you out.

    ReplyDelete