Thursday, January 21, 2010

Illuminating



This is my very very first assignment as being an iarc student! This assignment was fun for me because I got to choose five artifacts that have importance to me. I chose my telescope which I received one Christmas. It reminds me of all the times I spent with my dad exploring nature and space. I also chose a teapot because my mom always fixes us tea every morning when I am home. It reminds me of her love and comfort. I chose my contact case because I am basically blind without my contacts. The Bible is also an artifact that is important to me. It is where I get my beliefs from and shows me the love I should mimic. My last artifact is a plastic hen about 4 inches high that my oldest sister gave to me as a going off to college present. You push her head and her wings flap out and she lays a gumball egg. She sits on my desk to remind me of my sister's silliness and love for life. I chose a layout that resembled a newspaper and used the different lines to draw your eye from one object to the next. To personalize the objects even more, I chose a quote that I like that goes along with the item. We were only allowed to choose one color to accentuate our drawing. I chose blue because my grandmother used to say "I love every color as long as it’s blue!"

No comments:

Post a Comment