Friday, January 29, 2010

Watercolor


In this assignment we were to focus on three of our classmates and the accessories they wear. I wanted there to be a sense of balance in the composition that would accentuate the accessory. For the earring, I chose to make it about three times the size it should so it would emphasize the detail. I also chose not to draw her entire head so there would be less focus on her and more on the earring. Coloring in the scarf was a little tricky, I didn't want it to take all the focus away but I wanted it to guide your eye which is why I chose to dramatize the length of it to cross over onto the next page. I decided not to color in the skin tone, because I wanted the accessories to pop out. I really like the way this turned out. Sometimes it is okay to exaggerate reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment